How to Join
Would you like to audition for SBYSO’s 2020-21 season? We are planning for this upcoming season, though with some changes from the usual programming (See changes for 2020-21).
SBYSO’s annual tuition is $350. We are accepting audition videos THROUGHOUT THE SEASON. Tuition will be prorated based on time that student is accepted. Those who wish to submit a video audition, please note the following steps:
1. Complete this online Audition Application form.
2. Create a video recording (see details below).
3. Email your audition video to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are WAIVING THE AUDITION FEE for this summer!
The audition video should include the following:
1. Scale of your choice. Those auditioning for Concert Orchestra (intermediate ensemble / Saturday morning rehearsals) should prepare a 2 octave scale. Those auditioning for Symphony Orchestra (advanced ensemble / Sunday afternoon rehearsals), please prepare 3 octaves.
See our 2020-21 Audition Requirements for more information.
Links to scale sheets can be found here: https://drive.google.com/drive/u/1/folders/1XP7tgWjmQfHoAKMquymqroFd7ZCKiuqz
2. Approximately 3 minutes of a polished piece of your choice. Please give the title and composer of your piece before beginning to play.
Questions? Email email@example.com