Indiana University requires that any activities for youth/students that take place on IU facilities need to have two parent chaperones present. Thus, the SBYSO asks parents to sign up to serve as rehearsal parents when possible. It is anticipated that each SBYSO parent may sign up to serve as a rehearsal parent at least once during the 2016-17 season. Available parents may sign up online to serve as Concert Orchestra Rehearsal Parent or Symphony Orchestra Rehearsal Parent.
Indiana University requires that we look up names of parent volunteers in the National Sex Offender Registry prior to the rehearsal. Thank you for your understanding.
We ask that rehearsal parents please do the following:
- Arrive to rehearsal about 15 minutes early; greet the conductor.
- Rehearsals take place in IUSB Education & Arts (E & A) Room 1103 unless otherwise indicated.
- Sit in E & A Building lobby during rehearsal. You can bring book, computer, etc.
- You may be asked to call students who are absent from rehearsal.
- Help students as needed during orchestra break.
- Any other requests from Conductor / Music Director.
Thank you in advance for your support.